We are all familiar with regular dog collars. But have you heard about paracord dog collars? Do you know what they are and why you should consider them in the first place? Well, to be honest, a paracord dog collar is just a better version of a regular collar. Thanks to tough and durable nylon, which it is made for, these collars can withstand massive loads in moments and constantly too. As you may or may not know, paracord was popularised by paratroopers and is used in parachute suspension cord manufacture to this day. So, as probably the toughest and most durable collars for dogs, paracord dog collars are a military-grade level product that should definitely interest you. With that being said, here’s the 10 best paracord dog collars of 2021 and their reviews.
The Top 10 List
- Blueberry Pet 10+
- EXCELLENT ELITE SPANKER
- Wolfgang Man & Beast
- Black Rhino – The Comfort Collar
- Diezel Dog Collar with Control Handle
- BAAPET Strong Dog Leash
- Aspen Pet Paracord
- OutdoorMaster Bungee Dog Leash
- Friends Forever
Features to consider / reviews
- Blueberry Pet 10+ – a colourful paracord dog collar with amazing properties
The Blueberry Pet 10+ comes in three different sizes. It’s also available in 11 different colours on Amazon. Whilst it isn’t the cheapest option on the market today, this strong collar has a durable plastic buckle for safe fitting. With another, metal buckle you can adjust the tension and length. There’s also a loop attachment of other accessories. There are some reflective threads on the outer side for more safety.
- Amazing design
- Super practical
- Glows in the dark
- Compatible with other collar accessories
- Not the cheapest option out there
- EXCELLENT ELITE SPANKER – military-grade paracord dog collar
Since the most important distinguishing feature of this whole category of products is toughness and durability, the EXCELLENT ELITE SPANKER definitely stands out as a great buy. There are four unique, tactical collar designs for sale. You can also pick one of three sizes – small, medium and large. All are adjustable.
- Unique design
- Very strong and durable
- Easily adjustable
- Has a duraflex UTX buckle with a strong D-ring for a leash
- Great price:quality ratio
- Lacks excitement
- CollarDirect – an adjustable, patterned paracord dog collar
The design of this nylon collar is probably the main reason why it is so popular. Handmade, the CollarDirect is a 3 or more-colour product which is super easy to wash and makes your dog look stylish. Besides, it is very durable.
- Very fun design
- Made from durable and high-quality nylon
- Comes in different sizes
- Lacks practicality when compared to the TOP 2
- Wolfgang Man & Beast – one of the toughest paracord dog collars on Amazon
Built and tested to withstand over 800lbs of pulling force, the Wolfgang Man & Beast collar is one of the more durable products in today’s market. There are many different design options to choose from, ranging from 2-color to 3-color to even more colourful, patterned choices.
- Unique and beautiful designs
- Very strong
- Waterproof and Mildew resistant
- Comes in different sizes
- Just not that convenient and practical as TOP 3
- Black Rhino – The Comfort Collar – soft & padded, great with every dog leash
Thanks to neoprene padding, the Black Rhino Comfort Collar is a soft and comfy option for your pup. Sometimes, an issue arises when a collar causes bruises, makes it itch or creates discomfort for your pooch. Even if you combine it with a long, 6-foot leash, this collar won’t and shouldn’t cause any kind of distress for the dog.
- Padded, soft & comfy
- Comes in different sizes
- Surprisingly durable and tough
- Definitely not the cheapest option around
- Diezel Dog Collar with Control Handle – heavy-duty, U.S. flag-decorated 6-strand paracord collar
The Diezel Dog Collar is a rugged and thick solution for parents of large dog breeds. However, there is a huge downside for small or medium-sized dog people. Why? Because it’s just too big for them…
- With patriotic flag depiction for US dog parents
- Strong & durable
- Superbly practical with a buckle, clips and other parts to fit accessories on to
- Only good for large breeds
- BAAPET Strong Dog Leash – not a collar as such, but a great dog leash with a handle
The BAAPET Strong dog leash is a fan favourite. It has tons of reviews on Amazon and after seeing how it works in real-life, and skimming through the specs, you can see why. As the title suggests, it is 5 feet long which means it is lengthy enough for both an active or a more relaxed leisure. Made from strong nylon, this paracord dog collar has reflective stitching and comes with great gripping handles.
- You can choose many different sizes and colours
- Reflective stitching
- Not as convenient as a regular collar
- Aspen Pet Paracord – 7 thread, super tough
Continuing in the theme of very durable, heavy-duty paracord dog collars, the Aspen Pet Paracord is a product that flows slightly under the radar. It’s not an ultimate choice, what would be an 8-strand unit, but nevertheless, this collar will withstand anything you decide to do with it. It’s reasonably cheap too!
- The Large size fits the largest pups
- Uninspired design
- Not truly soft
- OutdoorMaster Bungee Dog Leash – high-quality, stretchy paracord leash
By being able to stretch by almost 12 inches, the OutdoorMaster Bungee Dog Leash is a great way to walk with your dog and lead them to an active or more relaxed activities. The leash and bracelet provide decent comfort for the pet and the human. It is made from 1000D nylon, so you know it’s going to be durable.
- Fits medium and larger breeds better
- The loop handles come with soft pads
- Boring design, not too much USP’s
- Friends Forever – a good choice overall
The FriendsForever isn’t exactly 2-strand, 4-strand or a round braid paracord collar/leash. It’s made in a slightly unique way and yet it can withstand up to 1,000 lbs of load. Even though the engineering solutions do a good job at being a fine solution for all-sized breeds, it’s significantly better for larger dogs due to other properties of the leash – such as waterproofing, reflective threads, metal rings and clips for attachments, etc.
- Waterproof and easy to wash
- Reasonably priced
- Not particularly great for small dog breeds
When is it worth to buy a paracord collar for a dog?
Overall, you and your pup should have at least two different collar and leash combos at home. Why at least two? Well, because you need to have a comfortable leashing option for an active or a more relaxed day out. When we’re talking about strong dogs or an active past time, paracord dog collars are a top-notch solution. Paracord is used by alpinists, paratroopers and in even more extreme areas where huge loads are common.
So, it’s a must-have for owners of larger breeds. On the other hand, a parent of a Chihuahua, a small Terrier or might not even want or need a paracord collar. This is understandable and a smart choice at that,
In short, it’s worth to buy a paracord collar for a dog if you want to offer them a wholesome experience during your leisure.
So, as we’ve found out, the paracord dog collar is a unique form of dog accessory that is focused on active leisure with your dog. You shouldn’t hesitate to buy it if you don’t have a leash or collar, specifically for running, hiking or similar activities. The best paracord collar for your dog in 2021 is definitely the Blueberry Pet 10+. And that’s about it!