Even though most of our pups live indoors, it’s nice to have an option to provide them with bedding outdoors. From whichever way you look at it, during a hot summer day or when you’re stuck outside for the day, laying down the outdoor bed with a shade or with a cover or merely putting in next to your picnic table is an amazing addition which comforts your pet. At the same time, it eases your mind because you never have to worry about your best friend staying cool and comfy, even during a hot summer night or a scorching summer day. So, without further ado, here are the 7 best outdoor dog beds in 2021 that we found on Amazon.
The 7 best outdoor dog beds in 2021 list
- Bedsure Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed
- Niubya elevated dog bed with canopy
- Floppy Dawg Just Chillin’
- Coolaroo elevated pet bed
- K&H Original Bolster Pet Bed
- Chuckit! Travel Dog Bed
- Cheerhunting Waterproof Outdoor Dog Bed
Reviews of 7 best outdoor dog beds
- Bedsure Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed – make those paws feel royal
This is a 3.5-4 in thick mattress filled with memory foam. It’s great for large dogs or a company of small or medium sized dogs. Even though it has no shade or cover, the sheer comfort is overwhelming and allows your pet to feel human-level comfort while sitting, resting or napping. It’s washable and covered with a waterproof lining. The price is very decent as well.
- Great price
- Maximum comfort due to memory foam – super soft
- Bottom won’t skid on the ground
- Sadly, it won’t come with a matching umbrella
- Niubya elevated dog bed with canopy – X – large bed with a shade
This particular bed is a super nice place to lay and rest in during a hot summer day. Your pup can always hop on and hide in the shade to let the gentle breeze cool them off after a wild playing session. It’s not the softest material in by itself, but you can set something on top to give it more cushioning.
- Comes with a canopy
- Raised from the ground
- Great for summer
- Not the most comfortable choice
- Floppy Dawg Just Chillin’ – an elevated bed that Snoop himself would approve
The name says it all. That’s all that your dog should be doing while laying in the bed – chilling. And that’s a good thing. Once they want to do some cooling off, they can go to it, hop inside and enjoy the shade which the raised canopy provides. If the day is breezy enough, you can take the tent down and let them soak in the sun.
- Removable canopy
- Lightweight and portable
- Pricey and not super comfy
- Coolaroo elevated pet bed – cheap, simple design but it just works
This bed relies on a simple engineering solution regarding airflow management. Being an elevated bed, the Coolaroo manages to utilise airflow to your pups’ advantage. The cool air flows beneath the structure, allowing your dog to stay cool all the time. It’s cheap, simple-looking and quite efficient, not mentioning mould and flea resistance.
- Very popular and keeps your pet cool
- Lacks comfort
- K&H Original Elevated Pet Bed – an affordable outdoor dog bed with awesome reviews
The K&H Elevated Pet bed is built with quality and dependability in mind. You can assemble it without tools and it should be able to offer enough support for large dogs or for a couple of small ones at the same time.
- Reasonably priced
- Waterproof dog cot in the centre
- Reports about loss of colour over time
- Chuckit! Travel Dog Bed – easy to look after and comfy
One glance at the Chuckit! Travel Dog Bed can tell you a lot about it. It’s a portable solution that comes in a variety of different sizes. Your pet should feel just at home on it. It’s more of a mattress than a bed but actually, you can say that this particular product is great during summer and for the winter too. You can lay it anywhere indoors and your pup will feel very comfortable.
- Cheap & Machine-washable
- Not waterproof
- Cheerhunting Waterproof Outdoor Dog Bed – a waterproof, insulated travel mat
Once again – not a bed in the same sense as some of the other products were. However, this particular travel mat/bed can fit into the category of outdoor dog beds because A) your dog can sleep on it with comfort B) you can put it outside without any fear of rain or moisture as it is water resistant
- Cheap, waterproof with decent reviews
- Not advanced in any way
How to pick a good outdoor bed for my dog?
If you’re looking to purchase a single or many outdoor dog beds for your family friend, here are a few things you should know.
- Waterproofing is key but not everything. Even though you can get away with non-waterproof outdoor dog beds, the convenience without waterproofing is significantly smaller than with it. If the dog bed is insulated, that’s also a great benefit.
- Canopy and shades help out a lot. When you think about the comfort of a dog, you must understand their need for shade during the summer. If the bed comes with an umbrella, a canopy or a shade – it is a huge benefit. However, if it does not, you can get it as an extra – no problem.
- Heated mattress and other tech. If the mattress is heated, you should be able to give your pooch tons of comfort during the cold season. Besides, there’s also massage functions, ventilation, memory mattresses and tons of other good features that provide comfort.
- Amazon or store reviews. Make sure to buy a product with good reviews. You don’t want the headache of returning or replacing an unwanted dog bed.
- What size is it? Some people just look at what’s on sale and will get the first deal available. We strongly advise to measure the size of the bed before buying and comparing the size of your dog to it.
Concluding thoughts & verdict
After evaluating numerous outdoor dog beds, we have found that the one you want to buy and use is the Bedsure Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed. Whether you live with a large German Shepheard or a small Chihuahua, or a couple of dogs, taking into account every possible factor, we determine that this is the best choice.
However, there are plenty of other options available and you shouldn’t hesitate to look at them. Follow our guide on finding the best bed for a dog outdoors and you will definitely pick the right product for your pet!