Is brushing your dog’s hair easy? Well, it depends on the breed but more often than not, dog brushing can become a difficult task to do. Dogs need regular grooming and if the hair gets tangled or that matte effect, you definitely need to put in extra effort in order to untangle it or work with it. To make your daily routine easier, we’ve complied a list of 8 unique and best dog brushes from Amazon. We hope that this review/guide will give you every bit of information and buyer advice you’ll ever need for finding the right dog brush. Let’s begin!
The list of 8 best dog brushes you find on Amazon
- Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush
- Pet Neat Grooming Brush
- Hartz Groomer’s Best Combo Detangling Brush
- BV Dog Brush
- Bodhi Dog New Grooming Pet Shampoo Brush
- Pet Grooming Glove
- Conair Pro Hair Brush
Features to consider / reviews
- Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush – versatile, well-built brush for all dogs
This particular brush has great reviews and lots of orders on Amazon. In fact, it’s actually one of the most popular dog brushes online. It comes as no surprise as this one is great at untangling hair and removing tangles without hurting your pet. The Hertzko features an ergonomic design and it’s super easy to use. You can use on all types of dogs, whether they have long or short hair.
- Ergonomic and comfortable design
- Instead of just brushing, massages simultaneously
- Great for both long and short coats
- Simple to clean and maintain
- Great reviews online
- Isn’t cheap when compared with other entries on our list
- Pet Neat Grooming Brush – something multi-purpose for a shiny and healthy dog coat
This brush is a comb and anti-tangling tool in one. Although it isn’t a rake per se, you can use it as one because of the many beneficial properties that it has. The stainless-steel blade and the easy-grip handle offer great functionality and a lot of convenience for both you and your pet. If the description is right, then you should also get a free e-book on dog care along with your purchase.
- Terrific build quality
- Ergonomic design
- Lots of great reviews on Amazon
- Good for undercoat grooming
- Hartz Groomer’s Best Combo Detangling Brush – a combo brush for a great price
For Huskies, Poodles, Labs and even for a German Shepherd, the Hartz Detangling Brush is a suitable selection. This particular brush features two different sides of brushes with one being covered with nylon bristles for loose hair & debris as well as stainless steel tips for tangles. It’s safe, not harmful and suits all breeds of dogs.
- Super cheap
- Versatile and suits most dogs
- Easy to use
- Isn’t as effective & requires a lot more effort
- BV Dog Brush – an affordable 2 in 1 solution
This particular brush features a clever design that makes grooming much more efficient. The tips are designed to bring out the healthy glow in your pup’s coat. It can also remove tangles without any difficulties.
- Convenient handling
- Two sides for simple brushing
- Isn’t the best-feeling brush when in your hand
- Furminator – great reviews and a great overall device
It is rare to find dog brushes that also simultaneously reduce shedding. Luckily, the Furminator deshed tool is just that. Users praise its ergonomic design as well as clever build which is especially good for dogs with lots of and/or long hair. The Furminator also comes in three different sizes and you can buy specific models for long or short(er) hair.
- Ergonomic design
- Great reviews on Amazon
- Especially good for larger dogs
- Quite pricey
- Bodhi Dog New Grooming Pet Shampoo Brush – a professional brushing glove
Some people just prefer brushing gloves. They’re extremely easy to manipulate and if you use them right, they’re especially good for pups which have sensitive skin. The bristles at the end also massage the dog. Finally, it has very high reviews online and should also be amazing on the undercoat.
- Easy to clean
- Great for short hair
- Reasonably priced
- Requires precision for proper use
- Pet Grooming Glove – the right choice for long hair
If your pooch is big and has long hair, the Pet Grooming Glove is just the right choice. It isn’t the gentlest of dog brushes but it does get the job done. The Pet Grooming Glove is slightly pricier than the Bodhi Pet Brush but it is slightly more versatile and heavy-duty.
- One size fits all
- Crazy efficient for long hair
- Two colours
- Not too gentle
- Pricier than other gloves
- Conair Pro Hair Brush – a low-priced brush that gets the job done
This simple brush is low-priced yet offers pretty decent results. If in the right hands, it can offer pretty professional grooming results. However, some other devices like the Furminator or the Hertzko offer much more efficiency and are a lot easier to use.
- Very cheap
- Simple to use
- Ergonomic design
- Not too efficient
- Isn’t very good for long hair
What features make a good dog brush?
If you want to look at more than 8 devices and have your own comparisons at home, here are some features that you should know. By knowing them, you will be able to make the informed decision and buy the best possible brush for your pet.
- Functionality. You have manual, hand-held & self-cleaning brushes, electric as well as other types of brushes that are out there. You need to make the decision on whether to buy cheap, simple brushes or spend more and purchase a device that can cut hair or one that trims hair.
- How simple it is to use? You definitely want a device that isn’t too hard to use. If the brush is too rough, the dog might not appreciate it. However, if the brush is too gentle, it might not do the job properly. So, you should look for something that’s in between.
- Brushes. You have rakes which are something like a deshedder. It reaches deep and removes all dead undercoat. Pin brushes deal with tangles and can massage the pup a bit. Bristle brushes are amazing on short-hair dogs. Thus, you might need a kit with that brush in order to deal with hair. Finally, slicker brushes are good for dogs with exceptional hair (curly, wavy, etc.).
- Build quality. You definitely don’t want a wobbly or poorly build device, especially if you live with a large pet. This is why it’s worth paying attention to labels like made in the USA or checking out customer reviews. They speak volume about build quality.
- Price. There’s no denying the fact that price is important for any purchase, regardless of category. Don’t seek to overspend for a brush because the differences between them are usually minimal and nuanced rather than being significant.
To sum things up, we’d like to say that if you decide to buy the Hertzko or the Pet Neat brush, you will be getting the best devices on the market today. Even though we listed 8 of them, the aforementioned two stand out from the rest of the pack. Don’t overlook features like build quality, the price and brush types. If you do that, you’ll definitely find the best option, even if these 8 aren’t exactly your cup of tea. Try to thing what is the best thing for you and your pet. This way – you’ll definitely end up with the greatest brush!
Leave a Comment