As we all know, dogs need to be washed often. After they play outside and get dirty or every once in a while, you just need to pop them in the shower to rinse them with water. It’s also essential to do that after you’ve been to the beach and they went in the sea or other bodies water. And let’s not forget your dog’s preferred method for drying off (intense shaking). It isn’t the most efficient thing in the world. This is why you need towels for dogs. They help eliminate spray after their shakes and dry the dog off. You have a lot of towels to choose from in the market of today. However, we made a list of the very best dog towels of 2021. Here they are!
The list of the best towels for dogs in 2021
- THE SNUGGLY DOG Easy Wear Dog Towel
- Tuff Pupper Shammy Towel
- Wooflinen Microfiber Pet Bath Towel
- Bone Dry Embroidered Pet Towel
- Shammy Ultra Absorbent Microfiber Quick Drying Towel
- Kole Ultra-Absorbent Pet Bath Towel
- My Doggy Place
Pros and cons of the best bath or beach dog towels of 2021
- THE SNUGGLY DOG Easy Wear Dog Towel – a great overall choice
The SNUGGLY DOG Easy Wear towel is made from microfiber which manes that it’s soft and plush. The dog can feel comfortable when you wrap them inside of it. And that’s just what you do with it. This particular towel comes with a belt and straps, so you can secure it in place and carry out quick drying.
- Made from first-class micro fibers
- Cover the entire body
- Comes in many different sizes
- Definitely not the cheapest option out there
- Tuff Pupper Shammy Towel – an affordable & super absorbent bathroom towel for dogs
We won’t sugar coat it. Definitely not all towels are created equal. Luckily, this one stands head and shoulders above some of the competition. The Tuff Pupper Shammy Towel isn’t expensive but the blend of poly and vinyl which it’s made from is super absorbent of water and dries out quickly after it gets wet. You have pockets on both sides for easy drying.
- Quick-drying & very absorbent
- Convenient pockets on the side
- Easy to wash (machine wash-ready)
- Too big for smaller dogs
- Wooflinen Microfiber Pet Bath Towel – a story of low price & high quality
It’s rare you find great products for a low price. Luckily, the Wooflinen pet bath towel, made from microfiber is just that. You can use it to wash dogs of almost all sizes. Thanks to a clever and modern manufacturing technology, the microfiber towel by Wooflinen can absorb 5x its weight in water. So, all in all – it’s a great choice for your bathroom!
- Very decent price
- Reasonable absorption of water
- Soft and nice to touch
- Doesn’t absorb as much moisture as shammy towels
- Bone Dry Emboridered Pet Towel – when you’re looking for the best deal
This is probably the cheapest one on our list. The Bone Dry towels for dogs are a decent choice for anyone. The towel comes embroidered, so it’s sort of like having a personalised towel at your home. It isn’t as thick and as absorbent as most shammy or other microfiber dog towels, but the embroidery is a nice touch and the towel is easy to wash also.
- Comes in many different colours
- Very cheap
- Serves as a blanket for drool or as a towel
- Isn’t more absorbent than any regular towel
- Shammy Ultra Absorbent Microfiber Quick Drying Towel – one-size shammy towel for all dogs
Shammy towels are the cream of the crop when it comes to quick and efficient drying. Their clever blend of polyester and vinyl offers reasonably cheap and fast drying with tremendous simplicity. Just wrap your dog in the towel and watch them dry off. This particular model should fit most breeds of all sizes.
- One-size should fit all
- Offers 8x faster drying when compared to other drying methods
- Very similar to a product from some competitors
- Kole Ultra-Absorbent Pet Bath Towel – good just not great
Just like the embroidered pet towel we featured earlier in the article, the Kole is also very similar to it. However, you only have one colour to choose from and the quality is a bit below what you’d want. In the end, Kole Ultra-absorbent Pet Bath Towel is cheap, easy-dry, decently-absorbing towel for pets.
- Soft and light
- Quality is a bit less than what you would expect
- My Doggy Place – high-absorbance and low price
It is cheap but it isn’t cheaply made. The My Doggy Place shammy towel for dogs is composed of micro fibers which absorb a lot of moisture. They also soak up dirt and you can choose one of many colours
- Machine-wash and drying safe
- Has hand pockets
- Soaks up 7x of its own weight in water
- Slightly behind others in terms of material softness & quality
How to pick the best dog towel for your pup
Towels for dogs aren’t all that easy to pick out. Even after we’ve given a plenty of suggestions, it should be essential that you know about the features of towels that you should look for and features that make a towel good.
First and foremost – the material which the towel is made from. Microfiber is the obvious front runner in this category. Why? Because it is reasonably cheap and has great drying properties. There are other materials out there, but something like bamboo-infused towels or other more absorbent things could get quite expensive. All things considered, you should seek a towel that offers at least 5-6x water absorption (compared to its own weight).
Size is important too, but convenience and ease of maintenance are the other two key factors. Shammy towels have pockets and others have a hanger. Whatever it may be – convenience is crucial. The final thing we would like to point out is care/maintenance. Your pet towel should not only offer fast drying it shouldn’t be hard to take care of it. Machine wash-ready options are your safest bet.
When you read our list of the best dog towels of 2021, it shouldn’t be hard to find the right choice for your pet. However, in the real world, there are many more options and if you want, you can go in a completely different route and buy a hooded towel, a cooling towel, a very thin, additional tower for mopping up drool or any other product in this category. Whatever decision you make, it’s a beneficial purchase that’s great for the owner and the pet alike!