Your pup’s teeth are a major tool for them. Whether they’re chewing a delicious treat, playing with a stick or gnawing at something they shouldn’t great dental health and oral hygiene are important goals when parenting a pet. This is why you should always be concerned with how to improve the oral health of your family friend. Dog toothbrushes are a very common and widespread solution that both family dog owners and breeders should use in order to ensure their pooch is happy, with healthy teeth and always ready for fun. Let’s look at the 10 best dog toothbrushes in the market today
The TOP 10 Best Picks:
- RosyLife Soft Dog Toothbrush
- TIHOOD Pet Toothbrush
- Nylabone Advanced with kit
- Little World Chew Toothbrush
- Virbac C.E.T with kit
- BC Pets 3-Sided Toothbrush
- Ortz Dog Toothbrush with set
- RosyLife – probably one of the best dog toothbrushes out there
This is one of the most versatile toothbrushes out there. It works great both for small dogs and for large dogs alike. Considering you get 6 pieces with a single purchase for such a low price, the RosyLife Soft Toothbrush really seems like the best deal in this category on Amazon.
- Ergonomic design with a flexible head
- Super soft heads
- Different sets of bristles as standard
- Very efficient, even in unexperienced hands
- Excellent value for money
- The handles could be more textured for better grip
- EZDOG – makes dog oral care that much easier EZDOG – makes dog oral care that much easier
EZDOG comes in three different sets. There’s one for small dogs, one for large dogs and another for toy breeds or cats. The reviews are great, the product is reasonably priced and its best features really make it a worthwhile purchase.
- Toothpaste comes in the package
- Great for removing plaque
- Very safe for the pet
- Can be cleaned in the dishwasher
- Not 100% of the dogs will find it the most comfortable choice
- TIHOOD Pet Toothbrush – one of the top choices
The TIHOOD toothbrush features three-sided bristles, an antiskid design for comfortable grip as well as super soft carcass handle. Made from rubber and plastic, this is definitely one of the better choices on Amazon today.
- One of if not the most ergonomically designed tools
- Won’t harm your pup
- Reasonably priced
- Super soft bristles
- Won’t look exactly like the photo depicts it
- Nylabone Advanced with kit – two-sided goodie for large dogs and mid-sized pooches
Even though there are different sizes on Amazon that are optimised for small puppies, older (senior) dogs and even cats, you only want the Nylabone if you have a large one in your home. This is still a soft, yet a relatively hard-bristled choice when compared against the top 3.
- Well-known brand
- Comes with a kit
- Certified and licensed
- The brand offers a lot of dog oral care solutions in one place
- Isn’t perfectly optimised for smaller breeds
- Only the triple-action set is really worth your while
- Little World Chew Toothbrush – almost like a chew toy
Breaking the mould of regularly-shaped and standard-looking toothbrushes, the Little World product is a unique-looking green thing. It’s more expensive than the higher rated units but it definitely has a lot going for it.
- Doesn’t require you to do anything, apart from supervising the pup
- Offers 360-degree cleaning
- Entertains your dog because it’s just like a chew toy
- Infused with a pleasant scent
- Mixed reviews on Amazon
- If your dog is trusting, it might be better to get a regular brush
- Virbac C.E.T. with kit – all-encompasing oral care solution
This non-electric toothbrush is quite average. However, it does come with a package of very efficient, medical-grade toothpaste. If you want to find a decent all-in-one place solution for dental dog care, choose this product.
- Great toothpaste in the kit
- Safe and soft bristles
- Fits pups of all sizes
- Has a limited-edition option that costs more but doesn’t seem to differ from the standard one
- Average at best build quality of the toothbrush stick
- BC Pets 3-Sided Toothbrush – ergonomic purchase with awesome reviews
From a strictly design standpoint, this BC toothbrush is small, brightly-coloured and very well-built. The non-slip handle, the three-headed, soft-bristled 3-headed designs comes with a wide array of accessories for maximum efficiency.
- Very ergonomic design
- Many conveniences that users will appreciate in the long-run
- Great value for money
- Rivals seem to be selling similar products at a lower price
- Great for large dogs, only average for tiny breeds
- Ortz Dog Toothbrush with set – lacks in certain areas, but still one of the better dog toothbrushes
- Super simple to clean
- Soft bristles make it a supreme solution for all-sized breeds
- The kit has great toothpaste and finger brushes
- Build quality is mediocre at best
- Not the most durable piece
- PenVinoo – simple and better for small breeds
This is one of the most popular solutions. It’s cheap, bright and quite decent overall. However, comparing it with the options higher on the list exposes all of the weaknesses, that this unit has.
- Some texture on the side helps with handling
- Angled heads help remove even the most annoying plaque
- Colourful design
- Build quality
- Finger brush is below average in usefulness
- HAWATOUR – large package for a low price
If you’re looking for a fuss-free purchase, get a lot of economic level toothbrushes to maintain excellent oral hygiene and dental health of your pooch.
- Lots of bang for your buck
- The kit has everything you need
- Long and allows to access hard-to-reach places
- Build quality – low-tier plastic
- Only the toothbrush and nothing else in the kit
Different types of dog toothbrushes and a little bit about them
There are three main types of dog toothbrushes in the market and one alternative.
Regular toothbrushes look just like regular toothbrushes that we; people use. They have a stick of a particular length and a head with bristles at the end. These are the least pricey options. From the more interesting features, regular toothbrushes can have soft bristles, an angled head or be electric.
Finger toothbrushes instead of being grasped in the palm, are mounted on your finger. They are the cheapest of the bunch and help clean the hardest to reach or hardest to clean spots. Besides, the side, opposite sides from the bristles can help clean dentures. It’s recommended as an option for a final brush every once in a while
Dual-head toothbrushes have two sets of bristles, usually facing in an opposite direction. This helps clean longer fangs from all sides. One set of bristles is usually longer and aimed for larger dentition.
Electric toothbrushes these can be any of the three aforementioned types, just powered by the electric motor.
Chewy toys/toothbrushes – these don’t look like regular toothbrushes. Just like No.5 entry on this list, instead of manually cleaning the teeth, you only need to give the toy for the dog. He or she chews the toothbrush and automatically cleans their teeth. It’s good for large dogs and for small ones as well.
What’s the best toothbrush for my dog?
If you’re thinking about buying one for your dog, and you’re wondering what’s the best dog toothbrush, you should pay attention to the material, which the toothbrush is made from, the softness of the bristles, the length of the toothbrush and the specifics of the brush head. Choose a compatible toothpaste, don’t forget to sometimes use a finger brush and always remain gentle. Reward them with a chewy treat afterwards.
So, to sum up – you have a lot of different toothbrushes out there. Some of them are better than the others and the RosyLife seems to edge out the rest of the competition. Keep in mind about the different types of toothbrushes and know what to look for and what separates a good toothbrush from less awesome alternatives.
Leave a Comment