Dogs love treats and treats love dogs. As a parent, you probably know that they are an essential tool in making your pet happy and in training them. There hasn’t been a more effective method invented, rather than giving a treat after your pooch performs a task. But you also need to find the best treat to reach the best training results and in order to make your dog as happy as he or she can be. And the best treat is not only tasty, it also has to be nutritious, healthy, preferably organic. To help with your search, here are the 10 best healthy dog treats for puppies with reviews.
The Top 10 List
- Good ‘N’ Fun
- Wellness CORE
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals
- Hill’s Grain Free Soft-baked
- Full Moon
- Rachael RAY Nutrish Turkey Bacon
- Blue Buffalo Health Bars
- Wellness Soft Puppy Bites
TOP 10 dog treat reviews
- Good ‘N’ Fun – the best snack for puppies
This particular snack is affordable, rich in protein and chewy. Made from tasty pork hide, delicious chicken and high-quality rawhide, the Good ‘N’ Fun definitely stands out as what is the best dog treat of 2021.
- Savoury and made from real chicken
- Rich in protein
- Unique formula which is delicious for dogs
- Would be better if they were made in USA
- Wellness CORE – a hearty beef recipe for training
You won’t go wrong with Wellness CORE dog treats. This product comes in many flavours and is soy and wheat free while combining super tasty grain free bites of crunchy biscuit and genuine marrow in the centre. They’re also reasonably priced on Amazon.
- Affordable price
- Unique formula made in the USA
- Grain free
- Rich in protein & great for training
- If you give your pup more than a few per day, they might get the runs
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals – a super healthy dog snack
The Zuke’s Mini Naturals are great for pups who have a fragile digestive system or GI issues. They come in different flavours amongst which you can choose and your dog will smell them a mile away
- The snacks are small in size, so no need to bother with breaking, etc.
- Strong scent
- 10 different flavours
- If you choose a product with poultry ingredients, make sure your dog tolerates it
- Hill’s Grain Free Soft-baked – one of the best grain-free dog treats on Amazon
Hill’s treats can come in a plethora of different flavours. If your dog won’t tolerate grains, this is the product to buy. Glycerin and pork gelatin are amongst few ingredients that could cause your pup to have an allergic reaction.
- One of the best brands in the business
- Rich in protein
- Soft & simple to chew – great for senior dogs
- Some ingredients, in very rare cases can cause allergies for individual dogs
- Full Moon – an organic treat with amazing reviews
The Full Moon Savory Sticks might be the best organic treat around. It’s made by one of the best healthy pet treat brands around. The product is also USDA approved.
- Great for overweight dogs
- Perfect treat for sensitive stomachs
- Amazing reviews on Amazon
- Works better if your dog is on a diet
- Tend to go mouldy quite quickly after opening
- Rachel RAY Nutrish Turkey Bacon – an easy, tasty snack for large dogs
The Rachel Ray product is primarily made from US farm-raised turkey. This delicious snack is grain free and if you give one to your pet, you’ll be treating them right because it has no artificial flavours or artificial meat as well. No by products too.
- Chewy & delicious
- No grain
- Recipe inspired by human food
- Need to break them up for smaller dogs
- Not the healthiest treat around
- Blue Buffalo Health Bars – with the healthiest ingredients
This affordable pack of healthy dog treats can come in many different and unique flavours. It’s one of the most well-round healthy dog treats which can be amazing for older dogs and young puppies alike.
- Super-healthy formula
- Rich in vitamins and antioxidants
- Without BHA
- Lots of good reviews on Amazon
- Some flavours are a hit or miss
- Some of them have a very light scent so your dog might not go crazy for them
- Greenies – the best healthy dog treat for teeth
The main advantage and pro of Greenies is that they stop tartar from building up in the teeth and help them stay in peak shape. This is super vital with older dogs.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Great for teeth
- Easy to digest
- Quite pricey
- One-dimensional benefits
- SmartSticks – smart, chewy & healthy
Made without rawhide but with real peanut butter, these vitamin & mineral enriched dog treats are something your friend will fall in love with. These edibles are also easy to digest.
- Easy to digest
- Lots of vitamins and minerals
- Hit or miss flavour
- Quite pricey
- Wellness Soft Puppy Bites – grain free treats, perfect for training
These edibles are excellent for French Bulldogs, Chihuahuas or for other small dogs
- Great for small breeds
- Strong scent – the puppy immediately notices it
- Low calories
- Not suited for larger dogs
- Can crumble quite a lot
What are the most important features of a good dog treat?
There are a few main factors that separate a simple dog treat, from a good one.
First of all, it has to be healthy. Even though healthy mustn’t always equal organic, products labelled with the latter term are usually good for the puppy. Organic treats are more or less – made with higher quality materials and crafted with the health of the dog and not costs or taste, as the highest priority.
This is why organic dog treats tend to be good for the heart of the dog, his or hers GI, muscles and bones as well. However, keep in mind that’s just the tendency and not the rule. Read the label to find out a list of ingredients. Know what your pup is allergic to, in order for proper protection against unwanted allergic reactions.
A great treat should also smell good. We recommend trying out a few products to see which one your dog responds best to. It’s advisable to always buy grain free treats that your dog can chew on. Probably 99.9% of puppies enjoy chewing on something, so if it smells good and it’s also chewy, they will definitely respond in the best possible fashion.
Really healthy treats or those with particular health benefits, for example – dental treats, aren’t always made with taste and enjoyment at the top of the priority pyramid. On the other hand, something like jerky or regular dog biscuits could not be the healthiest option in the long run, even if it has godly flavour.
So, in the end, set a list of priorities and pick out a product which has the best balance or go for a special treat that aims to deal with a particular issue that your pet is dealing with.
Concluding thoughts & verdict
In the end, we recommend choosing any of the top 10 healthy dog treats that we listed in this article. Even though the Good ‘N’ Fun is probably the best treat for a dog in 2021, your pup might prefer something else. Try many options and see which works best!
Leave a Comment