Your cat needs some place to nap and rest in. Regular cat beds can be a tad underwhelming, so if you want something that’s a bit more interesting and exciting, we have just the thing for you Cat tents are a creative solution and a fine way of adding some private space for your furry friend. This cosy retreat will make it seem like your cat is out for camping while in reality they’ll be comfortably napping indoor. So, what cat tents are the best choices? We’re glad you asked. Here is a list of the TOP 10 best cat tents of the year 2021. Let’s see what we’ve got, shall we?
The Top 10 List
- Pet Tent Soft Bed
- Nala and Company – The Cat House
- Kitty City Kitten Teepee
- Ruff ‘N’ Ruffus Portable Playpen
- ESK Collection Pet Playpen
- SportPet Designs Kennel
- K&H Kitty House
- Arkmiido Tepee
- Pet Camping Tent from Petall
Reviews of the TOP 10 Kitty tents of 2021
- Pet Tent Soft Bed – a great tent/bed for indoors and outside camping
This tepee/tent is a very well-made, reasonably-priced and soft enclosure for your furry pet. You can choose one of three sizes and one of nine colours. This plush pet tent will provide a shelter outdoors and serve as a lovely napping area for any cat.
- Reasonable price
- Lots of colour choices
- Durable and well-built
- Easy to clean
- Simple to fit a pillow or bed inside
- Requires careful washing
- Nala and Company Cat House – purpose-built for outdoor use
The Nala and Company Cat House is an outdoors enclosure with a see-through net serving as a top layer. So, it is great for sunny outdoor days, but during the rain it is pretty much useless. However, if you want to let your cat nap and rest outside, you can easily pick this tent up and travel with it.
- Of reasonable size
- Convenient to carry
- Perfect outside
- Easy to set up
- Pricey and not great in the rain
- Kitty City Kitten Teepee – a near-perfect cat tent for sale
The Kitty City Kiten Teepee + large bed is a very soft, comfortable and near-perfect solution for your money. It has a cosy interior which cats will love and is quite subtly understated in terms of design.
- Good pricing
- Simple setup and convenient to carry around
- Can be joined with other Kitty City products
- Some reviews insist that durability could improve
- Ruff ‘N’ Ruffus Portable Playpen – not a tent per se but great
This particular unit is unique in its shape and design. The Ruff ‘N’ Ruffus Portable and foldable playpen is very convenient in travel. It’s also one of the most versatile cat tents for outdoor use on Amazon. It serves both as a resting area and as a night bed.
- You get a free travel bowl with your purchase
- Foldable and easy to carry around
- Water resistant
- Detachable shade covers
- ESK Collection – everything is given some thought
The designers of ESK Collection Pet Playpen really thought about every possible thing in terms of practicality. In the niche of cat tents, this particular “habitat” stands out with its shape, colour-scheme and a variety of unique features that make it more practical. Starting with special pegs, ending with designated pockets, this one is like a temporary house, only for a pet.
- Very practical
- Made from quality materials
- Can be carried in a bag
- Comes in 4 different colours
- Not the best looking one
- Not the cheapest
- SportPet Designs Kennel – a large yard tent
So, if you’re looking for a waterproof tent/playpen that is large yet versatile and mobile, choose the SportPet Designs Kennel. It’s a safe and secure yet roomy enough tent for any feline family friend to be in.
- Not too expensive
- Easy to carry when folded
- Waterproof bottom
- The bottom is also machine washable, so you can place a litter box inside
- Not the best-looking unit
- Quite bulky and difficult to navigate with when extended
- K&H Kitty House – a heated cat house
The K&H Kitty House might just be the most versatile and comfy unit of the lot. It has removable door flaps, a roof, durable carcass and the star of the show is the soft, heated pet bed. So overall, this is a very unique and exciting kitty tent.
- Great review scores on Amazon
- The most rounded out pet tent, in terms of comfort
- Water resistant
- Always warm inside
- Zipper quality is quite poor
- Arkmiido Tepee – authentic-looking thing
Strangely enough, this tepee isn’t categorised amongst cat tents. Primarily it is labelled as a dog bed, but strangely enough it might just be a lot better for feline than canine family friends. For crib or playmat placement, this tepee is just right. Thanks to a unique design and a convenient layout, the Arkmiido Tepee should definitely catch your interest.
- Reasonable price
- Unique design
- Made from odourless and eco-friendly materials
- Almost no reviews on Amazon
- Difficult to wash and maintain
- Hartz – with hanging toys
Lots of online reviews advertise the Hartz Just for Cats as probably the best solution for households with more than 1 cat. The unique design makes it look like it almost is with a tunnel or with a tube yet it is actually shaped like a ten. The cat will feel awesome when playing around or just relaxing inside of it.
- Seems great for many cats
- Toys are already fitted inside
- Very cheap
- Feels cheap
- Pretty useless outside
- Pet Camping Tent from Petall – useless indoor, awesome outside
Just from the first glance, this tent automatically seems like it belongs outside. When camping or just relaxing outside, you can place your furry friend inside and relax while they play or sleep inside under the net. This screen tent has amazing review ratings and the spec sheet to be one of the nicest travel cat tents on the market.
- Great for travelling
- Decent price
- Absolutely of no use indoors
- Not the easiest to set up
Most important aspects that distinguish a great cat tent
If you’re in the market for cat tents, you should know how to distinguish a good purchase from a bad one. Naturally, there are certain criteria which help you find and decide whether a particular cat tent suits your needs. Here are those criteria.
Size. Make sure that a tent, whether it’s a realtree tent or just a regular tent with a bed or one of many show tents for your cats, buy appropriately-sized tents. If your cats are still infants, make sure to predict their growth when buying a bed, box, luggage, etc.
Outdoors or indoors. Pretty much 99% of tepees are either meant for indoor or outdoor play. Outdoor tents are waterproof, wind-resistant and have zippers on them. Indoor tents look more like they belong inside.
Play or just rest. If you buy a regular ten with nothing inside, you should opt to buy some toys for your cat to play with while inside the tent. However, if you do go for a tepee + tunnel combo, you should and potentially will solve any playing-related issues.
Price. Don’t overspend. You can find a reasonably priced tent with a great review.
As a final thought, we would like to note that the overall-best cat tents of 2021 are the Pet Tent Soft Bed and the Nala and Company Cat House. They give your cats most to be excited about while remaining reasonably priced and convenient to carry around. Choose wisely and let your cat and yourself be happy!